UPDATE | DECEMBER 2020
LREC Offices Closed to Public Until Further Notice in Response to COVID-19.
LREC, and its fiber-internet subsidiary, LRTC, will remain closed to the public until further notice. LREC will continue to monitor the status of COVID-19 within its local communities to determine an appropriate date to safely re-open its offices to the public.
As a reminder, LREC will continue to provide all necessary services while practicing the following:
- As stated previously, all LREC offices are closed to the public until further notice
- LREC's Pandemic Response Team will continue to monitor local disease progression and regularly evaluate the status of the office closure
- Employees who can work remotely are continuing to do so
- Employees who are ill or who have infected family within their home are required to stay home if their job duties require in-person interactions or in-office tasks
- Telecommuting software and systems are in place and being utilized for remote workers
- LREC has implemented regular disinfecting procedures for all indoor facilities
- LREC adheres to county and state public safety COVID-19 regulations of social distancing, wearing masks, and frequent hand washing.
UPDATE | MAY 29, 2020
We have not been disconnecting anyone for nonpayment since the start of the pandemic. Neither have we been charging late fees or penalties to any member who has been late or delinquent.
Starting Monday, June 1, disconnects will start for all prepaid meters that have unpaid balances. All those customers have been notified by phone calls this week.
Starting Monday, June 15, disconnects for all other accounts will resume. All fees and penalties will go back to normal in the month of June as well.
We encourage our members to contact us to make arrangements. We will continue to work with anyone who has been directly affected by this pandemic if they just notify us and request assistance. This is a balance between our desire to help members who are affected by the pandemic and keeping the paying members from subsidizing the habitual non-payers that are not affected by the pandemic.
All employees who can work from home have been doing so. This practice will continue and be re-evaluated on June 15. We may start a phased approach to bring all employees back to the office.
LREC Lobbies in Tahlequah, Hulbert, and Wagoner will remain closed to the public through June.
Payments can be made by mail, phone, and online. The Hulbert's office drive-through window will be open. I highly recommend payment methods other than in person for the safety of our employees and the public.
For any account questions or concerns, call us at 918-772-2526
MARCH 25, 2020
As concerns and fears about the COVID-19 (coronavirus) grow, we want to assure you that Lake Region Electric Cooperative is taking steps to help protect the well being our members and employees. We are receiving daily updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and monitoring guidance from local, state, and federal authorities.
Your LREC Offices
- As of March 25, All LREC offices will be temporarily closed to walk-in traffic. However, the Hulbert lobby drive-thru services are available during normal business hours 8 AM - 4:30 PM.
- We are disinfecting high-touch surfaces and common areas throughout the day.
- We are encouraging employees to follow the CDC hygiene recommendation.
- If you are used to a friendly handshake from our employees, you might notice more limited physical contact. Please keep a 6 ft distance and allow our lineman and contractors to work. Please know that it is because of concern for your well being as well as our employees.
- We appreciate your understanding while our offices are closed to the public. Together we can help protect the health of our communities.
- We have temporarily suspended late fees and disconnects for non-payment for any member directly impacted. This will be on a case by case basis and you must contact our offices if you need assistance with paying your bill.
What you can do
- You can use one of our many other options to manage your accounts, from the SmartHub app, online website or over the phone.
- LREC provides online website access and mobile apps to help you take care of your accounts from anywhere. You can check balances, make payments, view usage, and more without physically visiting one of our offices. We also offer automated phone services.
- You can also use LREC drive-thru service at our Hulbert office (516 S Lake Region Rd, Hulbert, OK).
- Enroll in online services at www.lrecok.coop. Or give us a call during regular business hours and we will walk you through it.
- For any account questions or concerns, call us at 918-772-2526
- Visit the CDC for the latest recommendations on preventing illness.
We'll keep you updated
- In light of Gov. Kevin Stitt declaring a health emergency in response to COVID-19, it is with an overabundance of caution, and with the well-being of our members and employees in mind that Lake Region Electric Cooperative Board has decided to cancel the Annual Meeting which was scheduled for Saturday, April 25, 2020.
We'll let you know through www.lrecok.coop and social media if we need to make changes to our services, our offices, or our operating hours.
Beware of scams
Be on the lookout for unusual requests for your personal or account information. Unfortunately, some people will try to take advantage of the concerns caused by the coronavirus outbreak.
Be assured that your safety and your health remain our top concern at LREC. We appreciate your membership and value the trust you place in us every day.